Δευτέρα, Δεκεμβρίου 21, 2009

Felt Heart Ornaments - Easy Project



This year, our Christmas tree is all about hearts. Never planned it but soon I realized that I have been unintentionally collecting heart shaped ornaments.

On one of those nights where you get a huge holiday urge to do something festive, I had a massive felt moment. Took out my felt stash ( which comprised of, well, 5 small pieces of felt ) and did an impromptu holiday ornament thing. I stitched away like mad for several hours, but never since then, hence my limited collection. I have a short attention span.

Just thought it is a good idea to share as I am sure it can find much better executions than mine ( I'm a louse sticher by the way, no patience. You can see this in the images ).

Just take the felt, cut the shapes, combine hearts with circles and letters or anything you can think of and then do some contrast stitching.




Then stitch the ribbon, fill it up with anything foamy ( I used plain cotton balls I had for make up removal. Only thing foamy I had handy but it worked well). Stitch it closed and voila! instant festivity.






 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: